That with the undergoing's such a thing in itself: Over the weekend with your friends? Always and at any time. Right now in your bed, even though you have to get up early tomorrow? Not so fun.
Everyone has lain awake at unsocial times and thought about whether there are (you're welcome) is a life after death and what you really want to have lunch tomorrow (hopefully less dramatic) - and who is not, let him the first stone the pillow uh throw.
If you have turned from left to right you so sometimes even unnerved many times, you were allowed to find often times join our sweeping blow to the topic insomnia. And of course, you will learn it and what you can do to make the dark circles do not become your new brand to have.
By sleep disorder: Why do I wake up at night?
First things first: wake up at night is not unusual. To to 30 times per night we do, usually without even remember later it. In fact, it could even be a logical evolutionary explanation for it.
Granted: If you stare at the ceiling now knocked out, it is hard to recognize a deeper meaning in the night waking. This could have saved the lives of our ancestors. Finally, they were able to brief awakenings determine if their environment was still safe, and remarkably so as suspicious noises.
Also, studies suggest that the awakening itself is not necessarily a problem. The people do and code without insomnia usually namely equal number of times - how well you can go back to sleep, makes the difference.
If you need now and more to (re) asleep, has nothing still hot. But at what point you are suffering from a sleep or maintaining sleep disorder?
Symptoms of insomnia as a sleep disorder
As a standard work in the determination of sleep disorders applies International Classification of Sleep Disorders code, which is published by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, in collaboration with international research groups. Insomnia after one of the most common sleep disorders.
The following symptoms are decisive:
- have difficulty falling or staying asleep
- feel after waking up still tired
- at a Nap not sleep, even though you're tired
- feel tired during the day and irritable
- You can only with difficulty concentrating day because of fatigue
... even though you had the ways and circumstances in order to sleep well?
From a short-term insomnia is when these problems occur when asleep or staying asleep at least three times a week over a period of at least four weeks.
If the more than three months the case, even long-term insomnia is chronic insomnia, called the speech.
causes of insomnia
If an organic or mental illness is the cause for insomnia, is a secondary insomnia. Partly especially mental illness and insomnia can thereby be mutually reinforcing.
A primary insomnia occurs when there is no organic or mental illness is. It can for example be the result of prolonged stress.
You wake up, heart pounding?
There are several reasons that make your heart beat faster, perhaps - sleep should not belong to it. Especially in a resting phase, a nocturnal increased heart rate, possibly triggered by stress can be quite unpleasant.
The good news: Just because it feels quicker your pulse, it must not involve rapid heartbeat (tachycardia) medically yet. For this, your pulse should namely the number of 150 exceeded.
Tip: If you want to check your pulse and no fitness bracelet call your own, you can do that now also quickly and easily using apps for Android code and iPhone make href="https://vaay.com/en/blogs/schlafen/hindert-uns-blaues-licht-am-schlafen"> in night mode, of course code) .
If your heartbeat feels uncomfortable quickly, you can in any case, the so-called Valsalva maneuver to try that one also used for pressure compensation, for example on the plane: Hold you, the nose, press your lips together and then try to slow exhale through the nose. Thus, the pressure should increase in your ribcage in order to slow the heartbeat.
If your pulse is still not reassured or other symptoms such as dizziness added, you should of course consult a doctor.
alcohol to fall asleep
The Deceptive this? Alcohol can shorten the sleep time and therefore give you at first feel that you can sleep better. Perhaps even the entire first half of sleep is deeper than it would be without alcohol. So far so good.
But for that to change this in the second half: Then your sleep with alcohol is in fact characterized by longer interruptions.
In addition, you tend to have more often of alcohol on the toilet and then into the kitchen. For he not only causes increased urination, but also a strong thirst out to prevent your fluid balance of kilter. So that's the fire that you need to delete after drinking alcohol first.
Why am I always awake at 3 am?
You wake at night always around 3 or 4 am? Then take a look at the Chinese organ clock light could bring into the darkness. This divided day and night in two-hour intervals, and each of these periods assigns an organ while said to be particularly active.
From 1 to 3 pm, the nighttime awakenings could be related to your liver. The period of 3 to 5 am is, however, associated with the lungs. If you are awake rather before 3 o'clock, so it could already be helpful to reduce your alcohol and / or nicotine consumption. Do you wake, however, after 3 am, you could very careful thoroughly ventilated before sleeping.
Scientifically proven mechanisms of organ clock (yet) - worth a try but it is all.
The possible consequences of insomnia
If sleepless nights to normality, insomnia can not only reduce the quality of life, but also to reduced performance at work, lead study or school. Not least, they can prolong the reaction time while driving and cause an increased risk of accidents.
In the longer duration has insomnia might also impact on the psyche and behavior by can promote anxiety disorders and substance abuse. There is also the fact that depression and insomnia are mutually Notes could.
As for the physical effects might shorter, fragmented sleep, according to a Spanish study code for the development of atherosclerosis contribute , Colloquially, this us rather as "hardening of arteries" common.
Also, could sleep the risk of cardiovascular disease, weight gain and metabolic disorders such as diabetes increase type II. The same is true for neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer code.
Sleep disorders: What to do?
Basically, there are the three pillars for the treatment of insomnia:
- behavioral or sleep therapy
- sleep hygiene
If this is a secondary sleep disorder - that is, a mental or neurological disorder underlies - can their treatment (in-service) also provide an improvement.
As a rule, is considered the first step is always the sleep hygiene. If that does not show the desired effect, the behavioral or sleep therapy follows. Accompanying a medication can be used - but that should ideally be only temporary.
If you can not sleep: emergency aid
If you lie awake now, is especially one: the more you want to sleep, the more uptight you will in all probability. So accept as it is, and make thee no big head about when you're a few minutes times longer awake.
Will it not work with falling asleep for a long time, and the time stretches into infinity? Before you sit under pressure, you could get up short if you're already awake anyway. Snuggle up for a while in a comfortable chair or on the sofa. Maybe you hear a little relaxing music? Or are you doing you a small (dim possible) lamp to read a few pages?
You'll see how the fatigue comes all by itself - and rejoice doubly sure to slip into cozy bed.
What helps against insomnia? 11 rules and tips for more sleep hygiene
- your personal sleep routine code and try as possible to go to bed and at the same time
- Currently, there are things that burden you mentally strong? Talk to friends about it, or write it down.
- relaxation techniques can also help to reduce stress. Find out what suits you: progressive muscle relaxation, meditation - or something completely different
- care for a pleasant atmosphere in your bedroom, so you feel comfortable there before going to sleep, such as by soft lighting, soothing music or warm tea. Avoid " blue light code" of smartphones and tablets.
- A whole day at your desk can be quite mentally demanding, but rather suboptimal for your body. If this does not take place in the late evening, you can, with a certain degree of sport for a healthy utilization provide .
- If possible, you should only sleep or have sex in bed. (When you think about it once, it's no wonder it's our favorite place, right?) Move the Bingen prefer
on the sofa.
- Actually, there is no reason at night to look at the clock. As long as no alarm goes off, everything is irrelevant other, and you can turn yourself calm again.
- comfortable room temperature and good air quality are critical code, so you feel comfortable. Airs at bedtime again thoroughly, and make sure that it is not too warm. The ideal temperature in the bedroom is 16 to 19 degrees Celsius.
- Make your bedroom to the Darkroom: In addition to body temperature also signals our body brightness whether he should sleep. This is code that is tightly coupled to the melatonin production. Unless you have no curtains or shutters, so should not be missing a sleeping mask.
- Coffee is your best friend? The afternoon you stick with espresso running? Do not worry, you do not have to completely give up your consumption of the same. But, try at least 3 to 4 hours before going to bed on caffeine to dispense. Most prefer sleep-inducing food code.
- Accept wakefulness as such, and not force yourself to fall asleep. Attempts to make the waking hours as calm and comfortable as possible to then gently fall into a deep sleep.
home remedies for insomnia
wait and see? Scientists found evidence that an active ingredient of chamomile docks code to our benzodiazepine receptors. And actually could chamomile tea perhaps even a positive effect in anxiety disorders and depression to have. Grandma has always known it - and fortunately the tea is also much more harmless than Benzos. Well then, good may it do!
Stress, stress, stress - all have him, nobody wants him. While you (see sleep hygiene) should always only attach to the cause, you could simultaneously rely on magnesium. According to a study that could namely the concentration the stress hormone cortisol significantly reduce the blood.
Other natural remedy for insomnia
During further investigations are still pending, some studies suggest that CBD code in the right dosage code could lead to an improvement of sleep. What is safe? The application is simple, and users report repeatedly about positive effects .
- A distinction between short-term insomnia and chronic insomnia.
- The 3 pillars loud to treat sleep hygiene code, bedroom or behavioral therapy, medication.
- In secondary insomnia the underlying disease should be treated in addition.
- What can you do? In addition to sleep hygiene may home remedies be beneficial.
- Perhaps might also CBD help in falling and staying asleep.
- If symptoms persist, you should of course always see a doctor.
🌚 CBD-products for the night can be found here . 🌚
👉 And here: Go to our CBD Shop.👈
- your personal sleep routine code and try as possible to go to bed and at the same time