Can you best sleep on your back, you sink most like in the lateral position embryo to sleep or do you come fastest to rest when you're lying on your stomach, embrace your pillow tight? Maybe you have your bed turned even the back and can easily sleep on the floor or in a hammock?
Surely you have a favorite sleeping position, in which it simply works best with falling asleep. Perhaps it also happened that you woke up with a drawing in the back or neck. Tension can be the result of an unfavorable sleeping position be, therefore, it is worthwhile to take his Einschlafhaltung even closer look.
We'll show you that sleeping positions are available and how you can optimize your Favorites to prevent tension. Sleep properly - how does it
What sleeping positions are there?
Our back is the most affected by an uncomfortable position during sleep, so we distinguish the different sleeping positions, such as straight or curved is the spine.
On the back sleep
The scientist Chris Idzikowski distinguishes the back sleepers between two sleeping positions : The "starfish" stretched arms and legs, while the "Soldier" keeps them close to the body. In general, the supine position is considered healthy because the spine is optimally supported and the body weight evenly distributed. This requires, however a good sleep hygiene. This includes, for example, a suitable mattress so that the spine can maintain its natural S-shape. Also, for those who like to sleep on the floor, then: The spine should not be stretched unnaturally or curved.
On the side sleep
The side position is the most popular sleeping position. This has resulted in a Danish study among others. Good, because having to sleep on the side of health benefits: For example, the frequency of apnea is lowered. Also showed a study with rodents code that waste materials were better degraded in those animals on the side slept. The researchers of the study believe that the trend is also visible in people, however, must still occupied.
Also in the lateral position differs Professor Chris Idzikowski between different sleeping positions: the "fetus" angles to the legs and curls up like a baby in the womb together, the "Log" holds the arms and legs straight down and the "yearner "stretched out his arms forward as if he were reaching for something. No matter what position it did to you the most, with the side position, you can not go wrong on a good mattress!
If you are of the belly sleepers, you must now be very strong: This position is not recommended because the lumbar spine is loaded and it can come through the head rotation to tension in the neck. The good thing is that very few spend their holy sleep on his stomach - in a scientific investigation remained subjects only 7.3% of their bedtime in the prone position.
Right sleep in all situations
Right you are doing in the sleeping position, will not be charged in your back. Because the spine, back muscles and spinal discs have enormous to do during the day and need to regenerate at night. Nice sleep on your side or on the back, the spine has nothing to complain about.
If you're pregnant, you should especially your sleeping position much heed: In the last third of pregnancy it is advisable to lie on the left side of the body. So veins and organs are relieved in the abdomen. The supine and prone position are taboo.
Also snorers should avoid sleeping on your back, because in this position the tongue can easily slip back and narrow the airways. Your bed neighbor will thank you if you roll on your side.
If you suffer from back pain, it is important to move the spine. Say, a change between lateral and supine position is recommended here. For neck pain, the position on the back
, in combination with an ergonomically shaped pillow be the key to the sleeping success.
Sleeping away from the bed
Your sleeping position depends hereinafter where you sleep. This cozy bed may for many be the first choice, but there are alternatives:
Swinging in a hammock
A rocking motion can have a positive effect on our sleep quality. In a small study with 12 participants was found that the subjects in the hammock asleep faster than in bed a deeper sleep had. However, the same applies here: The spine should be straight and not sag like a banana: Right sleep in a hammock means going into it down diagonally
sleeping in seats - better not
Admittedly is probably no one voluntarily prefer a chair to the bed, and yet it was gang earlier and were to sleep sitting up. This was because the people in the Middle Ages because of the many fires had breathing problems and lying rather died of a respiratory disease. While sitting to sleep, however, is unhealthy because the spine is curved and the discs can not regenerate. Without neck pillow can also cause nasty neck strain. Anyone who has fallen asleep on the plane or train and woke up with pulling the neck to the shoulder of the neighbors know what we are talking about.
On the ground sleeping
The physiotherapist Michael Tetley code analyzed over years sleeping habits in different nations of the world. He claims that people who sleep on the ground, rarely suffer from back and joint pain. But before you move now euphoric from the bed to the floor, do realize that Tetley especially nations examined, sleeping on sand or forest floor. This is somewhat softer than the ground in your bedroom.
How can you optimize your sleeping positions
You're probably less inclined to make you dinner on the way to the forest to you to find a sleeping spot. We have you put together a few simple tips on how you can optimize your favorite sleeping position - with no forest, no bottom, just at home in the cozy bed:
- If you like to sleep on the side, opt for the left side of the body: A study resulted in the Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology code that legal sleeper twice as likely heartburn and digestive problems as links sleeper.
- Be careful not to put your legs on the side of too much. As tempting as the embryo position may be, it resembles the posture that we are taking the day already often. The spine is bent here and back and neck muscles are subjected to a strong train. If we freeze, we are especially tempted to make us very small. Worry therefore code for a optimal sleeping temperature.
- If you are one of the few belly sleepers, using a smaller pillow or leave the pillow completely gone. This protects your cervical spine.
- Especially for those who sleep best on your back, but also for all other applies: The mattress should be such that the shoulders and hips can sink gently resting the knee stable. The science confirms that medium-firm mattresses are best suited.
- It also applies to the selection of the pillow: The spine should be shaped in its natural S-shape. A thick cushion can quickly lead to tension.
- Pro-tip if it still twinge in the morning time in the back or neck: Try it with a relaxed CBD Bad code or CBD fruit gums. According to studies cannabidiol can help to relax your muscles.
- Before you abtauchst now the thoughts carousel and brooding, how can you avoid just to turn up at night on the abdomen or to bend the legs, even take a deep breath. Because in general: If you have no health problems, back pain or the like, you also need not change your sleeping position. Sleep properly you do whenever you feel good in the morning and no tension, did not care if you as a fetus, Soldier or starfish were on the road at night.
- 👉 way: How CBD can help you while sleeping Find out here . 👈
- 🌚 CBD-products for the night can be found here . 🌚